If you have never heard of Konstantin Konstantinovs, then he is one person you should be following in the world of powerlifting. His deadlift of 939 lbs is the most heaviest recorded weight done raw (no belt, no straps.) He still currently holds the record and is not giving in anytime soon.
Down below is his full deadlift workout which enabled him to achieve 939 lbs.
Only attempt at your own risk and know your limits. We are not held responsible if you collapse or die…at least not that we know of.
Konstantin Konstantinovs Full Body Routine (training every other day)
1. Light squat for a warm up.
2. Deadlift. I do a different variant every time I train: rack pulls – 7, 11, 15, 20, 23 cm from the knees (higher than that I never pull). I do either a set of 3 reps or 8-10 depending on how I feel.
3. Bench press. I consider bench press as rest between heavy work. I bench either with touch and go with a medium grip, or with a close grip pausing at the bottom. I might do a single set of 10 reps with touch and go, or might max out pausing at the bottom. It all depends on how I feel and my mood.
4. 2nd deadlift. I pull either from a floor or from a deficit (about 9 cm). I do a single set of 2-3 reps pausing at the bottom. Then if I have enough energy, I might do another set of 6-8 reps.
5. Box squat. Heavy box squat as described above.
Workout 2 (in two days).
1. Medium heavy squat as described above.
2. Heavy bench press for a single set of 3 reps. Once in two weeks: negatives – 1-2 set for 1 rep. Then a single set of 8-10 reps with either close or medium grip depending on how I feel.
3. Cardio – 15-20 min.
1. Light squat.
2. Medium heavy bench press: a single set of 6-8 reps.
3. Speed deadlift with bands: 8×1. Bands increase weight by 130 kg at the top.
4. Pull ups with weight or bands. ONLY explosively. Very important for my deadlift.
5. GHR, hyperextensions, very heavy abs work (6 sets with emphasis on strength).
The same as workout 2.
In other words, the man who’s the strength freak of our time and who hold the World Record in the Raw Deadlift at 242 and 275 and the total at 308 squats every ****ing training session and deadlifts twice a week.