Let’s be real here…
Our deadlift PRs is a sheer sign of being a real man…or women?
Case in point here.
If your wife left you, then chances are she went with a man that deadlifts Belgian bulls.
Ok…maybe it wasn’t because of that, but you probably weren’t man enough for her either way.
Point is, your deadlift shouldn’t suck more than an Oreck vacuum.
You should be able to rip 700 lbs off the floor like they were Styrofoam.
If not, then you have much more serious problems than your wife, girlfriend, pet, etc, leaving you.
With every problem, there is a solution…well, most of them.
We are here to give you the top exercises that help get your deadlift from kindergarten to Phd status.
If your deadlift sucks completely, perform these:
- Stiff-legged deadlifts – Build up those hammies
- Opposite stand deadlifts – Essentially also called the barbell hack squat.
- Good mornings – Lower back & hammies, you will need it!
- Hyperextensions – More lower back work because chances are, it is as weak as a newborn child.
If your initial pull from the start blows like a Tornado in Oklahoma, perform these:
- Chain deadlifts – Check out these chains. Walk in with them like you own the gym.
- Resistance band deadlift – No chains, but resistance bands gets the job done.
- Rack pulls– No doubt these work. Go heavy as hell with them.
- Upper back work – T-bar rows, barbell rows, seated cable rows, pull-ups, etc.
- Shrugs – Trap-bar, barbell, dumbbells. Go crazy with them and shrug it like you just don’t care…
If your deadlift is good, but not perfect…add these:
- Leg curls – If you haven’t got the picture yet, hammies need to be strong.
- Side Bends – Kill the obliques with some cable or dumbbell bends.
- Ab work – Any & all ab work.
- Upright rows – These are often not performed a lot, but they add work to the shoulders & traps.
- All forearm/grip work – Reverse curls, hammer curls, grip machine devices, bar holds, deadlifts with no straps.
- Bicep work – Drag curls, barbell/dumbbell curls, cable curls, hammer curls, etc.
Obviously bicep work is not a weak point for many. If you follow the mantra, “curls for the girls.” You got your basis covered.